Re: [avr-chat] Re: avrdude: ATtiny45 unresponsive after writing to flash

From: Daniele Nicolucci (Jollino)
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: avrdude: ATtiny45 unresponsive after writing to flash
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:37:23 +0100

Il giorno 26 feb 08, alle ore 19:56, Dean Hall ha scritto:

Daniele, [...]

Hello Dean, thank you very much for your reply!

I made some more tests today and I did indeed notice that it's reproducible and quite unexpected. I also tried upgrading the firmware of my programmer through AVR Studio 4 on windows (hey, these Intel processors must be used somehow ;), which incidentally works like a charm with the files that avrdude chokes on, but I suppose that there is no updated firmware for the STK500. It reported version 2.10 before and it reports 2.10 now.

How do you add a few more bytes? Do you declare a variable you don't really need? I'm curious to know what is the most efficient way to do so.

Funny enough, it hasn't been happening to me all day. I don't know if this is related to setting the clock period to 30 us (it takes several *seconds* to write to the chip) or if I'm just not encountering the choking situation. On the other hand, my code certainly has bugs -- or maybe it's the circuit design that does, but that's another story. :)

As for the Mac-only issue, I'm not sure about it. It seems that the mantainer of the avrdude port of macports is avrdude's author himself.

Daniele
--
Daniele Nicolucci (Jollino)
Salvaguardia dell'italiano: http://www.nokappa.it