[avr-chat] Li-ion cell phone batteries

From: Robert L Cochran
Subject: [avr-chat] Li-ion cell phone batteries
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:52:26 -0400

Since Joerg advised me to try powering my ATMega644 circuit with a 3.6v
battery, I found one in an old Sony Ericsson cell phone. It is a Power
Products rechargeable battery. It is small, square, there is some sort
of dark wrapping around it, and on the left side is a very small white
plastic, 3-wire connector with black, blue, and red wires. The blue wire
is the center one. The print on the battery is partly rubbed out but
"Ericsson T60/61" is still legible. The phone is a model T61c. There is
no voltage printed on the battery label.

I think I can charge this battery with my Pro-Peak Prodigy II charger,
if only I can find the right connectors for the battery. And that is my
question. Where can I find connectors that would make this battery
useful on charger and/or breadboard circuit? The charger should be able
to get the voltage and current rating from the battery's circuit board,
right?

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA