Re: [avr-chat] what devices have people sucessfully done TCP/IP on?

From: Aurélien Francillon
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] what devices have people sucessfully done TCP/IP on?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:21:52 +0200

Le Friday 01 August 2008 22:34:53 Steve Franks, vous avez écrit :
> I'm curious about people's experiences with TCP/iP on the AVR.  I'm
> considering using TCP as the interconnect in my next system.

Hi,
I don't personally have a lot of experience with it but there are few projects
you may be interested in:
- contiki / uIP : works on the atmega128 based micaz platform (4k sram) ,
available as stand alone at http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip or in contiki OS

- 6lowpan (compressed ipv6 ) stack in TinyOS (should work on the micaz too :
afaik, there are 2 of them (+ a few proprietary ones) :
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6lowpan/current/msg00644.html
http://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-devel/2008-July/003250.html

- http://www.ethernut.de/ Nut /OS and Nut/Net their board (ethernut 1.x and
2.x are based  on an atmega128 )use an external sram (min 32k bytes) the
implementation is probably more memory "hungry" ...

HTH,
Aurélien