Fwd: [avr-chat] what devices have people sucessfully done TCP/IP on?

From: Steve Franks
Subject: Fwd: [avr-chat] what devices have people sucessfully done TCP/IP on?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:37 -0700

From: Steve Franks <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:23 AM
To: address@hidden

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 3:21 AM, Aurélien Francillon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Le Friday 01 August 2008 22:34:53 Steve Franks, vous avez écrit :
>> I'm curious about people's experiences with TCP/iP on the AVR.  I'm
>> considering using TCP as the interconnect in my next system.
>>

> Hi,
> I don't personally have a lot of experience with it but there are few projects
> you may be interested in:
> - contiki / uIP : works on the atmega128 based micaz platform (4k sram) ,
> available as stand alone at http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip or in contiki OS
>
> - 6lowpan (compressed ipv6 ) stack in TinyOS (should work on the micaz too :
> afaik, there are 2 of them (+ a few proprietary ones) :
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6lowpan/current/msg00644.html
> http://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-devel/2008-July/003250.html
>
> - http://www.ethernut.de/ Nut /OS and Nut/Net their board (ethernut 1.x and
> 2.x are based  on an atmega128 )use an external sram (min 32k bytes) the
> implementation is probably more memory "hungry" ...
>

> HTH,
> Aurélien

Thanks for the info - I've checked most of that out to some extent.  I
was wondering if anyone had actually played with it.  It's not an easy
decision when you have 3 or 4 things that look identical on the
surface to choose from, unless someone else has already played "guinea
pig" and wants to share their experiences...looks like I may be the
guinea pig ;)

Steve