Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is th

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is the question !
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:27:39 +0100

On Thu,  5 Feb 2009 20:11:47 +0100 (MET)
address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) wrote:
> The confusing story is that the ATmega644 has a single USART only, but
> the ATmega644P (i.e. the picopower version) offers two of them, as
> it's a sibling of the ATmega164P/324P (these are not available without
> the `P').

Ahhh, ok ok, thanks Joerg.
I have just noticed that there exist a 1284 in DIP package !
So that's even better (I am limited to DIP packages), give me more head
room. Unfortunately it appears neither Farnell nor RadioSpares sell
them. Digikey has them but only if I buy a tube of 290 of them ! :-/

How frustrating to see Atmel constantly coming up with new great AVR
chips, when you can't actually buy them in retail ! :-(

So looks like I am back to the 644P then, in between the little tight
32 and the marvelous but practically unavailable 1284...

--
Vince