Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 22:37:51 -0500

On Jul 4, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Heike C. Zimmerer wrote:

I did not expect to see any interaction of the SPI and debugWIRE

So did I.  That is, until I stumbled across that behaviour ... Never
found any mention of it in the ATmega168's data sheet (that's where I
encountered it).

I too would not have suspected it as debugWIRE is performed on the RESET pin.

Did a project with a '168 debugged and programed via debugWIRE which most all tasks the AVR performed were communicating to hardware via SPI.

David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden