Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb and the stk500

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb and the stk500
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 23:29:31 -0700

On the stk500 there's a at90s8535 that controls the target
chip. I'm not totally familiar with the board yet, but I thought it
might be controlling the target chip through jtag. In which case, the
serial connection to the master could be used to debug the target
chip. Does the stk500 have a debug protocol built into it?

My question boils down to this. With just a stk500 connected to my
serial port, is there any way to make "(gdb) target remote
/dev/ttyS0" work?

Thanks,
Shaun