Re: bug: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030115

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: bug: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030115
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:40:37 -0700

On 15 Jan 2003 at 16:36, Sander Pool wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I haven't debugged this yet but when I use the latest WinAVR on my
> project I get a build error that indicates Make or sh is unhappy. I
> confirmed that using the previous version this works fine.
>
> Here is the error:
>
> C:\coding\avr\sample>make clean
> process_begin: CreateProcess((null), ""
> C:\DOCUME~1\sander\LOCALS~1\Temp\make200
> 02.sh, ...) failed.
> make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
> make: *** [begin] Error 2
>
> C:\coding\avr\sample>make
>
> When I move the original winavr back in place (I renamed it before
> installing this version) the make succeeds fine.

If you could do this to help me figure out what's going on:

Use WinAVR 20030115, but move sh.exe out of the \utils\bin directory.
Then try building your project. Do you get the same errors?

I want to figure out if it's sh or make that's causing the problem.

Here's the overall problem. There are several different sources for
Win32 executable versions of make, sh, and Unix / GNU utilities. I'm
trying to figure which combination or set works the best and with the
most computers. What may work for me, may not work for everybody
else. That's why I put them in a sperate directory (\utils\bin), that
way if you come up with a better set that will work for you, you can
replace that directory in your PATH statement.

If anybody has any better suggestions, links, executables for these
utilities please let me know. I prefer to stick with the most common
Unix / GNU utilities and not add new packages (like a different
replacement for make).

Let me know how it goes....

Eric