RE: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVARICE on Cygwin

From: Ralph Mason
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVARICE on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:20:11 +1200

I have tried all these things.

It just seems like the version of the lib I have doesn't have init_bfd() in
it.

I wrote a test program

#include<bfd.h>

int main(void){
        init_bfd();
        return 0;
}

No matter what I tried I could not get it to link.

Is there any way to dump a library and see the entry points (dumpbin with
msvc)? (my lib is just in /lib btw and I did set LD_FLAGS to -L/lib)

Thanks
Ralph

> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Ralph Mason wrote:
>
> :)
> :)I am trying to build the latest version of AVARICE from cvs on cygwin.
> :)
> :)However I get the following when configure runs.
> :)
> :)checking for bfd_init in -lbfd... no
> :)configure: error: You need to install libbfd.a from binutils.
> :)
> :)It looks like I do have that lib there.  I'm not so upwith how configure
> :)works so troubleshooting this could be a long process.
> :)
> :)Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
> :)
> :)If anyone out there is able to build directly from cvs and
> would be so kind
> :)as to send me an executable I would be very grateful.
>
> If you run the configure script with --help, this is part of the output:
>
> Some influential environment variables:
>   CXX         C++ compiler command
>   CXXFLAGS    C++ compiler flags
>   LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
>               nonstandard directory <lib dir>
>   CPPFLAGS    C/C++ preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if you have
>               headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
>   CC          C compiler command
>   CFLAGS      C compiler flags
>   CPP         C preprocessor
>
> Try setting LDFLAGS with a '-L<path_to_your_bfd_lib>' and see if
> that helps.
> You may also need to give the path to the headers via CPPFLAGS.
>
> Ted Roth
> ---

---