Re: [avr-gcc-list] Homebrew ICE?

From: Terry Porter
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Homebrew ICE?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:38:28 +1000

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:22:46 +0200 (MET DST)
Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> As Erik Christiansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >   If your schematics import into Eagle, I'd be tempted to help with
> >   implementing the intended improvements, and have a couple of boards
> >   made.
>
> I'm afraid it won't import very nicely into Eagle, i'm using BAE here
> (http://www.bartels.de/).  The schematics is currently using three
> schematics sheets already, so it would be fairly cramped if you try to
> press it into the single sheet allowed by the free-of-charge version
> of Eagle.

Hi, I'm new to the list, having just set up a Linux development environment for
the Avr (binutils-2.13.90.0.18, gcc-3.3,avr-libc-20030512cvs, simulavr cvs
download 11Aug2003 and gdb+dejagnu.tar.bz2 current 11Aug2003. The toolset is
absolutely fantastic and my thanks to those who have made them available, you
guys are GPL legends :)

I'm currently happily single stepping thru my Avr test code under the very cool
DDD as I used to do for the 8051 family under SDCC, see
http://milkstone.d2.net.au/embedded.html for a screen pic.

I popped into this thread to suggest gEDA for those who are doing schematic
capture, as an alternative to closed source solutions. I have a page detailing
my experiences with gEDA and pcb, complete with screenshots and a pic of a pcb
I produced at home using the above toolset a few years ago.

For anyone that may be interested in stable and featureful GPL schematic
capture and pcb cad layout, may I offer my page as further reading ?

http://milkstone.d2.net.au/pcbs.html

I also would be interested in designing a GPL Jtag interface for the Avr
toolset in the long run, and have a decent design environment for hardware
development myself as I'm a hardware developer (one man band) for small
embedded industrial control solutions and have been for the last 20 years.

Bye
--
Kind Regards
Terry