Re: [avr-gcc-list] computing sine & cosine

From: Christopher X. Candreva
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] computing sine & cosine
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 09:15:17 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, nurdin wrote:

>     im beginner on avr,my project needs the avr ability using
> trigonometrical funtion such as sine, cosine, etc.

>     i've read that to use trigonometrical function we should use float
> number,question:

You've read wrong. It is not only possible, but preferable on small system
to do trig functions in all integer math. I suggest picking up a copy of
"Math Toolkit for Real-Time Programming" by Jack Crenshaw. He dedicates an
entire chapter to each of sine and cosine, with another on square roots. The
book is all about computing functions most efficiently on small systems.

Chris Candreva  -- address@hidden -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/