[avr-gcc-list] avarice enhancements

From: Brian Cuthie
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avarice enhancements
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:50:22 -0500

Working with the excellent avarice utility I found myself wanting a few
extra pieces of functionality. Specifically, I've added the following
new command line options:

  -g, --go        Resumes program execution when avarice exits. This is
                  very useful if you want your code to start running
after
                  it's been downloaded to the target.

  -R, --reset     Hold the external reset line low while doing JTAG ICE
access
                  to the target. This keeps the I/O lines from toggling
while
                  accessing the target.

Attached is a patch set that can be applied to the current avarice
source on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=39505).
These patches also include Ted Roth's recent mods to fix the problem
with gdb when writing single bytes (i.e., the 'set {char}0x800060 =
0x12' bug).

I've also compiled the app for use with WinAVR and have made it
available at http://www.systemix.com/avarice.exe (this is the raw
executable, just download it to your machine and use it to replace the
one in the WinAVR/bin directory).

I'm sure all of this could use some more testing, so please let me know
if you find any problems.

-brian