[avr-gcc-list] Using avr-gcc with AVRStudio's simulator

From: Paul Shaffer
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Using avr-gcc with AVRStudio's simulator
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:32:07 -0800

I know this question is as much about the AVRStudio as avr-gcc,
but I was hoping someone out there could help.

This code, when compiled with avr-gcc 3.3.1 (and using the
patched elf-to-extended coff converter), executes fine, but
the AVRStudio simulator version 4.08 reports an  "Invalid location"
for the variable "unit" in the watch view, stating that the location
is at 0xFFFFFFE0 [SRAM].  Of course, the value of the variable
can not be viewed.

void main(void)
{
   int unit;
   unit = 5;
}

These are the options used for the avr-objcopy:

--change-section-address .data-0x800000 --change-section-address .bss-0x800000 --change-section-address .noinit-0x800000 --
change-section-address .eeprom-0x810000 --debugging -O coff-ext-avr

This seems like something so trivial that it should work,
and I thank you in advance for your solution to this problem.

Paul

Get a FREE online virus check for your PC here, from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963