RE: [avr-gcc-list] fdevopen() uses calloc?

From: stevech
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] fdevopen() uses calloc?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:31:25 -0800

Of course,you can use this, as I often do (GCC AVR syntax)

char global_buf[80];

sprintf_P(global_buf, PSTR("the answer is %d"), x); // format in FLASH,
saves RAM
putline(global_buf);  // avoid C library buffered I/O - malloc/calloc, etc.

void putline(char *p)
{
        send string to serial port buffered interrupt driven I/O function which
copies, freeing up buffer
        send CR/LF too - - blocks if no room in output buffer. I have these
routines for USARTRs.
}