[avr-gcc-list] Building from Sources

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Building from Sources
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:56:59 +1200

Hi Guys,

Normally I use the WinAVR bundle, but recently I needed to run the
AVR-GCC toolset on Linux, so I simply got the sources and build scripts
from the links in one of the recent posts on this list.

I built it fine and it seems to work ok.

My question is how _should_ I go about maintaining an up to date version
of the AVR-GCC compiler?

Do you guys use CVS or just get source tar balls?

Should I be concerned with patches? How would I find out about when I
need them?

Cheers

Alex Shepherd