Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming the at90can128

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming the at90can128
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:15:52 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Graham Davies wrote:

> Sorry to post again on this off-topic thread.  However, I have ascertained
> that the AVR Studio 4.10 command-line JTAG ICE tool *does* support the
> AT90CAN128, even though it is not listed as a supported device.  I
> programmed and verified an AT90CAN128 this morning in an STK500/STK501 using
> my AVR ICE-Cube.  It is important to specify the serial data rate as 115200
> or things go rrrrrreally ssssssslowly.
>
> The AVR ICE-Cube works fine (as far as I can tell) with AVaRICE, but the
> version I have does not support the AT90CAN128 and does not like the JTAG ID
> it returns.  Presumably, it's only a matter of time until support is added.

If you could post the JTAG ID and possibly a capture of the config
params that get sent down to the jtagice box by avarice/avrstudio, then
we could added support for the can128 to avarice rather quickly. I don't
have a can128 part so I can't really look into that.

[I seem to recall Brian Dean saying that he was working with the can128.
Maybe he can lend a hand with the data we need to add support in
avarice. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.]

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9