Re: [avr-gcc-list] secureAVR processors from Atmel working with avr-gcc

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] secureAVR processors from Atmel working with avr-gcc
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:05:49 -0700

Per Arnold Blåsmo wrote:

E. Weddington wrote:

Per Arnold Blåsmo wrote:

(I read somewhere that AVRstudio 4.10 can read .elf files, but have not tested that yet)

Correct, but only ELF files that contain DWARF2 debugging info. So you'll have to rebuild your toolset to contain that configure option.

OK, I tried to use the option -gdwarf-2 instead of -g in my makefile, but got an error when compiling. "secureAVR_test.c:1: error: target system does not support the "dwarf-2" debug format"

Is there any info on how to set the parameters to get this debug format.

As I said, *you will have to rebuild the toolset, i.e. binutils and gcc*. IIRC, there is a *configure* option that enables the generation of the dwarf-2 debug format.

Atmel supplies an windows-dll file for communication with the Voyager, but I do not know any way to use a windows-dll in a Linux program. Maybe usage of wine and winelib might do it? Perhaps make a Linux program as a connection between simul-avr and Voyager?

You'll have to contact Atmel about this. This is the first I've heard about the Voyager emulation system from Atmel.

Have a look at http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/1553S.PDF
Its a big and expensive beast :-)

I have the API spec for the windows dll file, but not any code. I have contacted Atmel and asked if they can supply the windows-dll as a Linux library or as source code. I am sure they don want to give me the source code, but it cant hurt to ask :-)

Thanks for the link. It will be interesting to know what Atmel does with your request. :-)

Eric