Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega16

From: Geoffrey Wossum
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega16
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:14:12 -0600

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 10:37 pm, Douglas Dotson wrote:
> So are you saying that having a JTAG interface
> is not compatable with using the ADC. Do I have
> to use the ISP instead? Seems strange that if the
> JTAG is on the same port as the ADC renders
> the other useless.

I've never used the JTAG for purely programming a part, so I don't know if
JTAGEN has to be set for that.  But I do know that if JTAGEN is set, then the
JTAG pins are not available for your program.  I've torn my hair out a couple
of times debugging "bad software", only to figure out a couple of hours later
that the chip had the JTAGEN set.

---
Geoffrey Wossum
Long Range Systems - http://www.pager.net