RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC question

From: Trampas
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC question
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:12:00 -0400

I don't think that is portable. That is I know some 16 bit processors and
compilers will report an INT16 as being sizeof 1. That is sizeof for word
addressable machines may report a char as 1 and a 16 bit variable as 1. Thus
sizeof is not always number of bytes, like it is for the X86.  Rather sizeof
is the number of smallest storage locations required for the variable.

Regards,
Trampas