[avr-gcc-list] [OT] Need For Speed (FPGA)

From: Reza Naima
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] [OT] Need For Speed (FPGA)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:50:27 -0700

I've realized that I'm not going to be able to accomplish one of my
projects using an AVR.  I appologize for emailing on this forum, but
there are a ton of smart and helpful people here so I thought I would
ask..

I'm looking at using an FPGA, and have never used one.  I was wondering
what a good brand would be - a good dev/learning kit might be - and
ideally something that I can run or program from linux and using fairly
inexpensive hardware to program.  I'm thinking of Xilinks (sp?) as that
brand keeps popping in my head but I've not got a clue as where to
start.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reza