Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initilizing complex const arrays : syntax ?

From: Jesper Hansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initilizing complex const arrays : syntax ?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:36:08 +0200

It's just as before; one element at a time.
In this case, your element is the first structure :

struct param param_list[] = {
{ "Engine Speed", "RPM", "%4d" },
{ "Coolant Temp", "°C", "%3.1f" },
{ "Turbo Pressure", "Bar", "%2.1" },
{ e.t.c. },
{ NULL, NULL, NULL }
};

Note that as another example, I left out the length of the param_list,
you can detect the end by checking for the NULL pointers.

/Jesper

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
Hi,

I know how to initialize arrays with one dimension, like this :

const type variable[3] = {value1, value2, value3 };

but now I am having to initialize an array of structures, and I am getting lost
:-/ Here is my declaration :

ui.h
----
//data type for one engine parameter
struct param {
                char    desc[11];       //parameter name ("Engine Speed", "Coolant
Temp",...)
                char    unit[4];        //unit to be used ('%', "RPM", "°C",
"Bar" ...)
                char    format[6];      //printf format string: how to format
the number on the LCD
};

//table containing the definition for all engine parameters
extern const struct param param_list[30];

What's the syntax to initialize my "param" array above ?!

Thanks in advance... :-)

Regards,

--
Vince