Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initilizing complex const arrays : syntax ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initilizing complex const arrays : syntax ?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:15:42 +0200

> Wow, superb. But, I must first find the bug in lcd_putc() :-/
> when I use _delay_ms(xxx) it is accurate, but in lcd_putc() I use
> _delay_us() of course, let's see what it's doing exactly.. :-/

void lcd_send_byte(unsigned char data, unsigned char type)
{

        LCD_PORT = type;        //select register or data

        //send high nibble
        lcd_send_nibble(data);
        //send low nibble
        lcd_send_nibble(data << 4);

        PORTD = 0xFF;   //toggle all port pins for scope to see
        _delay_us(45);  //give LCD time to execute the command...
        PORTD = 0x00;

}

Amazing how easily you can debug programs with just toggling a port pin,
and your trusty old scope... The _delay_us(45) indeed lasts 1,300us not
45 !!!
_delay_ms(x) works perfectly, though. I run on the on-chip 1MHz
oscillator and set my define accordingly in my lcd module :

lcd.h
-----
#define F_CPU 1000000UL

#include <avr/io.h>
#include <avr/delay.h>

No idea what's wrong... but sure would kill my mom to find out, as that
would make printing on the LCD literally 20 times faster !!!

Any idea anyone ??

--
Vince