Re: [avr-gcc-list] interrupt optimization

From: Lars Noschinski
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] interrupt optimization
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:17:22 +0100

* Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> [2006-02-03 08:58]:
Lars Noschinski <address@hidden> wrote:

If the function call is the last thing you need to do, you can also
replace the call by a jmp instruction (of course, you may not push
something to the stack).

You'd need to enable interrupts before, otherwise you'll end up stuck
with interrupts disabled, as there won't be a final RETI.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that I marked the jumped-to instruction as
SIGNAL.

Compared to that, the overhead of an additional call vs. jump is
neglicible.

That's right, but doing a call and a ret(i) afterwards is more to type
;)