Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: ATmega168 FreeRTOS code

From: Uwe Fechner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: ATmega168 FreeRTOS code
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:24:50 +0200

David VanHorn wrote:
> Just for grins, the internal RC isn't all that stable over temperature
> and VCC variations. While you can tweak the osc in at a given temp and
> VCC, it will drift out again as these change. You should at least use
> a resonator if you are doing serial comms.
Well, this would not be good for my concept reducing power supply current.
Only RC oscillator is fast enough to start, to make it possible, to have
about 50..100 µs aktive cpu time every 2 ms.

The improvement, that is still missing, is to recalibrate the RC
oscillator at runtime using the quarz driven rtc.

Regards:

Uwe Fechner