Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using avrdude with Atmel USB dongle

From: Neil Davey
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using avrdude with Atmel USB dongle
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:21:22 +1000

Hi Daniel,
I had a look at the AvrUsb500 website and they say it works with avrdude under linux, which makes sense as this programmer speaks stk500 v2 protocol. As for using it under windows, the easiest way I see (I could be wrong) would be to install the FTDI virtual com port drivers (the AvrUsb500 uses the FTDI232BM chipset) and use avrdude via the serial port, no need to worry about compiling, libusb or any of that..

Regards
Neil Davey

address@hidden wrote:
I'm intrested in this subject. I was looking if AvrUsb500 is working with AvrDude from WinAvr.
Below is a thread on avrfreaks and it says that it doesn't work with :
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=35566&highlight=avrdude+avrusb500

Did you compiled an version of avrdude for Windows ? Can you share it ?
Regards,
Daniel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Davey" <address@hidden>