Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using avrdude with Atmel USB dongle

From: Neil Davey
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using avrdude with Atmel USB dongle
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:09:44 +1000

Hi All,
I built avrdude 5.2 from CVS on cygwin on XP machine with libusb support on 25th Nov
Just got to testing it today on a board. The board I have runs a tiny13 uP.

After the write and read it complains about a verify error on the first byte of flash. I did a dump of the flash and compared it to the input hex and the first byte was not programmed, but the rest of flash is ok (total of 560 bytes)

Have not dug any further yet.. I'm using the avrispmkii (usb version)

Not sure if it's worth noting, but the 5.1 version I built with libusb works ok, have been using it for months..

Regards
Neil Davey

address@hidden wrote:
That looks as if you were using the wrong avrdude.conf file.  If you
run avrdude with -v, it will tell you which file it is using.  You can
always specify a particular avrdude.conf using the -C option.  The
ATmega128's device signature has been known to avrdude.conf for quite
a while now, so it's not supposed to be expected as FF FF FF.

I did not touch the conf file. I will check what is going on. Thanks.

I just tried that using the CVS version under FreeBSD:

But as I mentioned I'm working under CYGWIN on WIN2K PC with
libusb-win32 port. So it is not a big wonder that results differ and
on Linux PC you get a better results.

--
--------------------------------------
Neil Davey

Centre for Wireless Monitoring and Applications
Griffith School of Engineering
Nathan Campus
Phone: 07-3735-7008
Fax: 07-3735-5112