Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR LLVM backend?

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR LLVM backend?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:39:41 -0800

Weddington, Eric wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden
org] On Behalf Of John Regehr
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:23 PM
To: David Brown
Cc: address@hidden

I'm pretty sure this is not an issue (anymore, at least). I could be wrong. The recently-added PIC port of LLVM would be a good place to start looking.

Ummm... are you sure they mean PIC as in a processor from Microchip, or do they mean PIC as in Position Independent Code?

That particular collision in the acronym name space is a frequent cause of confusion among embedded developers....

-dave

Oh, really?! I didn't know that they supported PIC.
How interesting....

PIC is of course a particularly evil target. I claim that if it can be supported at all, AVR should be easy :).

;-)