Re: [avr-gcc-list] address@hidden ... what is it for ?!

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] address@hidden ... what is it for ?!
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:18:18 +0100

thanks Sascha and Preston, you got it right indeed, it was this very
list's archive web front end that replaced the actual option with this
"address@hidden" stuff ! Grrr.....

David Kelly wrote:
> Vincent, as the original author of your Makefile

Thanks for hearing my call, David ! ;-)
(didn't ge that job at Evolis BTW, sadly, so I won't be able to improve
their drivers or user manual translations, I am afraid! ;-)

> that line is supposed to be:
> > LDFLAGS= -Wl,-Map,$(PRG).map -Wl,--section-start=.eeprom=00810001
>
> Hmm, I don't remember where PRG gets defined.

I can't see where it's defined either, but when searching for my old
posts back then in .. 2005 (geez times travels faster than light ! :-0 )
I found that it was "object.elf.map". That rings a bell, must be
that ! :-)

Problem solved... now on to rewrite my whole program from scratch and
from memory... following a hard drive failure 18 months ago !
Yes yes, I have learned my lesson well... I now have a backup drive and
 got to learn this little magic command called rsync, which gets
fired up every evening... arf arf, better late than never I suppose...

--
Vince