Re: [avr-gcc-list] xmega support

From: Colin D Bennett
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] xmega support
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:43:47 -0800

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:32:04 -0700
"larry barello" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Read the data sheet.
> http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc8077.pdf

OK, thanks.  Since the data sheet says that both load and store
instructions can be used with EEPROM mapped into the RAM space, it
sounds like writing is possible without any extra effort.  Nice!

To quote the data sheet, for the convenience of other readers:

  4.7.1 Data Memory Mapped EEPROM Access

  The EEPROM address space can optionally be mapped into the Data Memory
  space to allow highly efficient EEPROM reading and EEPROM buffer
  instructions. Memory mapped EEPROM will always start at hexadecimal
  address location 0x1000.

Regards,
Colin