Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently ?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:41:09 +0100

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:10:44 -0800
Dave Hylands <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is really a make question and not a gcc question.

Hmmpf.. yes, then the numerous avr-libc question on this list should
not be there too, I guess ! ;-)
If we do a different list for GCC, CPP, Make files, avr-libc, I am not
sure it would make things that much more manageable... too many lists
for a vey low traffic of closely related things don't you think ?
Hell let's not start a discussion on this, let's forget the question
mark on the above sentence ! ;-)

> I created the following Makefile (which I called svn-version.mk), and
> then in my normal Makefile (I use handcoded Makefiles), I put this:

> svn-revision := $(subst Revision:,,$(shell svn info | grep Revision:))

Oh thanks. You use svn |grep revision which returns "8" in  my case,
strange because I have commited 25 times actually. not sure what this
8 relates to.
svn info -r HEAD does return the expected number though,
so I will just use that instead, and re-use all the rest, thanks for
sharing !

--
Vince