Re: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 23:28:08 +0100

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 01:25, you wrote:

> Oh, of course, I do that too. Thanks for mentioning that.

Things that have been automated have a tendency to be forgotten.
However, that is not always wise, for the bootstrap script seems
to have a flaw i think. It checks for the version numbers
 2.59, 2.60, 2.61, or 2.62
In the meantime i have version 2.63 and i think that works
well also. The version number checking should allow for
higher versions too. I don't have a full answer. You could
extract the version like this:

  Version=`autoconf --version | head -n 1 | sed -n -e

and than do a simple string compare:

  if [ $Version \< "2.59" ]

but that is flawed too for versions <2.10 (because 2.9 will be bigger
than 2.10). This can be solved, but it is going to take more
instructions. The question is: is this really needed? Can the
script not simply issue a warning and go on?

Ruud.