Re: [avr-gcc-list] [bug] uint16_t optimization error for 8-bit AVRs.

From: Lv Zheng
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [bug] uint16_t optimization error for 8-bit AVRs.
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:25:25 +0800

C source codes are attached hereafter:

Obviously, not

* undefined: uint16_t
* undefined: boolean
* undefined: PN53X_REG_CIU_BASE
* undefined: PN53X_REG_CIU_SIZE

No crystal ball at this side of the cable...
See below for instructions

I tried to put only required definitions into a single C file, but the avr-gcc failed to generate the incorrect result. So I had to copy all of my includes into one single .c file to regenerate the error result. Sorry for the large attached .c file.

So please find it in the avr-bug.c.

The cc command line is listed as the following:

 avr-gcc -Wp,-MD,drivers/scs/.pn53x_stub.rel.d
 -nostdinc -nostdlib -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude
   -Wall -DKBUILD_CONF -Iinclude
  -D__AVR__
-ffunction-sections -fsigned-char -mmcu=avr51
-D__AVR_ENHANCED__ -D__AVR_MEGA__ -D__AVR_2_BYTE_PC__
-Os -fomit-frame-pointer
    -o drivers/scs/pn53x_stub.rel -c drivers/scs/pn53x_stub.c

We don't have the files you have.

To enable others to reproduce, do the following:

* compile together with -v -save-temps -dp
Please find my command line at the end of the avr-bug.l.

* show us the command line output
Please find the output in the avr-bug.l.

* show us the generated .i file
Please find the output in the avr-bug.i.

* show us what is wring with the generated .s file
Please find the output in the avr-bug.s.

Best regards/Lv Zheng