avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlib functionality to avr-libc

From: Ruddick Lawrence
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlib functionality to avr-libc
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 00:04:42 -0700

This conversation is continued from the avrfreaks forum posting here:
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=84072.
Basically, we were talking about how best to create a maintained version of
the functionality in the Procyon AVRlib, and whether there's a place for
such code in avr-libc.

Eric, in your post you said you were "willing to accept code that would
provide drivers for internal peripherals into AVR-LibC." I assume this means
that utility code to simplify using UART or timers (etc) is appropriate, but
an LCD driver is not. Other code, such as buffer and IP utilities, is more
of a gray area (at least to me). I guess the first thing to figure out is
how you (and the other developers/maintainers) define the scope of avr-libc,
and how best to design a complementary library (if at all) to house useful
code that is outside of that scope.

Ruddick