[avrdude-dev] Bad programming speed on AT90S8535 using AVRdude

From: idefixx __
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Bad programming speed on AT90S8535 using AVRdude
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 01:41:25 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
I have got problems with the programming speed when using AVRdude on the
AT90S8535. It needs about 2 min 10 sec to program the AVR with 8192 bytes.

There is no speed difference between the Pony-Stk200 dongle or the
Dontronics DT006 dongle. But if I program an ATmega163 with 8192 bytes (using
AVRdude)
the programming time is only about 10 seconds.

If I use PonyProg2000 software instead of AVRdude to programm the AT90S8535
it only takes about 30 sec (using the Pony-Stk200 dongle of course).

Because of all these facts I think the problem must be within the AVRdude,
probably within the configuration for the AT90S8535 in avrdude.conf. But I
found the writing delays of AT90S8535 and ATmega163 to be very similar. Is there
any other parameter that configures the programming speed?

Can someone please give me suggestions, how I can make AVRdude speed up
programming the AT90S8535?

/idefixx