Re: [avrdude-dev] SRecord can't find "man.config" file

From: E . Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] SRecord can't find "man.config" file
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:40:41 GMT

> > everything works so far except the SRecord program
(srec_cat
> > version 1.16.D002). If for instance I type srec_cat -
help
> > I get the error message
> >
> > H:\WinAVR\bin>srec_cat -help
> > /usr/local/lib/man.config: No such file or directory
> > Warning: cannot open configuration
file /usr/local/lib/man.config
> > No manual entry for srec_cat
>
> "srec_cat -?" gives a short description (should work on
your system).
> "srec_cat -help" calls "man" to display the manpage (at
least under
> Linux). So your problem seems to be outside "srec_cat".
>
> No idea, how to fix it. However, I believe I have a
workaround

The man system on WinAVR is non-functional. This is a known
issue. Use the srec_cat -? above, or you can also find the
user manual in the \doc\srecord directory in your WinAVR
installation directory.

The WinAVR README.txt file might have mentioned where all
the user manual and documentation is located. ;-)

Eric