Re: [avrdude-dev] SRecord can't find "man.config" file

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] SRecord can't find "man.config" file
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:26:39 +0200

As E.Weddington wrote:

> > Eric, perhaps it's possible to replace man.exe by a simple program
> > that just opens a box and says, »Sorry, not implemented, see under
> > C:\WinAVR\doc\blah to get help.«?

> Actually I'm considering seeing if I can get TkMan to work
> on Windows.

Hmm, if you consider that, making the plain `man' command work should
be doable as well, since you still need all the backend tools (nroff,
tbl, plus a decent `more' -- the DOS-style one is a bit stupid) as
well.  In particular nroff will be somewhat complex since it needs
auxiliary files (macro packages, font metrics), so you gotta tell it
where to find them.

OTOH, if you've got troff (or groff in that case) completely up &
running, it has the ability to provide nicely looking postscript
output.  Together with ghostscript, it should be possible to display
that in a Tk window. :-)

> We can discuss off-line if you wish.

If you encounter trouble, feel free, although I don't use it myself
right now.