Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: STK500 version 2.0 protocol

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: STK500 version 2.0 protocol
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:21:10 -0700

Martin Thomas wrote:

- Autodetection of Version 2 or Version 1 is a good idea. But
since the Version 2 protocol seems to be better and is worth the
update just using version 2 as default and print an information like "update or try stk500v1"when the connection fails might be enough.

Ugh. Please don't do this.

If I don't have a reason to upgrade I won't do it.

Anything that we can do to make it easier for users would be a win. I don't mind printing a warning message that version 1.x was detected, but if it can be automatically switched that would be a cool feature.

Eric