[avrdude-dev] stk500v2 progress

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: [avrdude-dev] stk500v2 progress
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:37:25 -0800

After coding up most of the stk500v2 protocol, with help from Martin Thomas's readback state machine, I fired up the new code and it magically worked pretty much the first time...

The remaining chunks of code are the page read and write functions, which I've stubbed for the moment. Once they're working I'll be able to actually program a chip and verify that it works, and I'll be releasing a patch. If all goes well that'll happen tomorrow.

For the moment I've hardcoded the various fields that aren't in avrdude.conf, because from what I've seen so far they don't change between parts (at least for the few parts I've looked at so far). As soon as the config file patch is available I'll convert over to that, and figure out how to least-painfully get the data pulled from Atmel's XML files into avrdude.conf.