Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500v2 progress

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500v2 progress
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:00:20 -0500

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 01:37:25AM -0800, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> After coding up most of the stk500v2 protocol, with help from Martin
> Thomas's readback state machine, I fired up the new code and it
> magically worked pretty much the first time...

Excellent!

> For the moment I've hardcoded the various fields that aren't in
> avrdude.conf, because from what I've seen so far they don't change
> between parts (at least for the few parts I've looked at so far).
> As soon as the config file patch is available I'll convert over to
> that, and figure out how to least-painfully get the data pulled from
> Atmel's XML files into avrdude.conf.

I've attached a patch that implements all the keywords and structure
values that you mentioned you needed.  You can apply this against the
current CVS.  I've made all the fields 'int' for consistency with the
other fields except for the poll values which I made 'unsigned char'.
So the 'part' definition now supports the following additional fields:

     timeout     = x;
     stabdelay   = x;
     cmdexedelay = x;
     synchloops  = x;
     bytedelay   = x;
     pollvalue   = x;
     pollindex   = x;
     predelay    = x;
     postdelay   = x;
     pollmethod  = x;

And the 'memory' definition now supports these new fields:

     mode      = x;
     delay     = x;
     blocksize = x;

I've also updated the part and memory display routines so you should
be able to examine all the values using the usual methods: -vvvv on
the command line, or the 'part' command in terminal mode.

If I missed any, let me know.  Also, if you find that any of these
aren't necessary or anything, let me know also.  All are
pre-initialized to zero, but it's easy to initialize them to certain
values in 'avrpart.c', see the function 'avr_new_part()'.

If you like, let me know and I will commit this if that will make your
work easier.  That way all you need to worry about with your patch is
the V2 implementation.

Thanks again for doing this work!

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers