Re: [avrdude-dev] USB-to-serial-converter on OS X

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] USB-to-serial-converter on OS X
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:46:25 -0700

Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

Hi all,

a friend of mine had problems using avrdude with a USB-to-serial-converter on his Mac.

We were able to track the problems to the open() call in "ser_posix.c"! It simply doesn't return. Uncommenting the "O_NOBLOCK" there solves his problems.

Has anyone else seen this (or a similar) problem?
No.

Is it safe to use "O_NONBLOCK" (on all systems)?

I'm not even sure what O_NONBLOCK means....
But I would guess that's it's probably ok for Cygwin/Windows.

Eric