Re: [avrdude-dev] USB-to-serial-converter on OS X

From: Rob Brown
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] USB-to-serial-converter on OS X
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:35:39 +0000

Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:
Hi all,

a friend of mine had problems using avrdude with a
USB-to-serial-converter on his Mac.

We were able to track the problems to the open() call in
"ser_posix.c"! It simply doesn't return. Uncommenting the "O_NOBLOCK"
there solves his problems.

Has anyone else seen this (or a similar) problem?

No.

Is it safe to use "O_NONBLOCK" (on all systems)?

I'm not even sure what O_NONBLOCK means....
But I would guess that's it's probably ok for C

Jan,

Mac OS X should work 100% with avrdude. Your comments are very deep, so here's my shallow attempt at a batch file:

avrdude -p m169 -c butterfly -P /dev/cu.USA19QW2b1P1.1 $1 $2

So you just fill in the options, or "-t" for terminal mode. I'm using a Keyspan adaptor with (obviously) a butterfly under OS X 10.3.7.

R.B.