Re: [avrdude-dev] How about changing the "stk500" programmer to V2 by de

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] How about changing the "stk500" programmer to V2 by default?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:20:33 +0200

As Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

(STK500 firmware version auto-detection)

> That sounds like a very good solution.

Except it's slow.  Unfortunately, the only way to `probe' for the
different STK500 firmware versions is to try starting to communicate,
and eventually end up in a timeout when trying it the wrong way.

> Any ETA on when avrdude-5.2
> will be out?

There's a suggested patch for this bug (actually feature request)

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?17487

which I promised to integrate before the release.

I'm waiting for responses to the following patches:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5038 (will probably obviate
three or four other patches that basically fix the same issue)
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?4685
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?3092

There are also three patches assigned to Eric Weddington, I
didn't look into these myself, no idea about their status.