[avrdude-dev] python wrapper for avrdude

From: uracolix
Subject: [avrdude-dev] python wrapper for avrdude
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 21:53:01 +0100

Dear AVRDUDE developpers,

recently I found libavrdude.a in the build directory and I
thought it would be usefull to use it from inside python.

Currently I wrapped the first essential fuctions part_read/write/update
into python and an example session might look so:

===============
 import pydude
 pydude.read_config("/some/path/to/avrdude.conf")

 # init an AvrDude object
 ad = pydude.AvrDude()
 ad.set_programmer("jtag2")
 ad.set_part("ATMEGA1281")
 ad.open('usb')

 # read flash to hex file
 ad.part_update("fl:r:foo.hex:i")

 # read flash and eeprom to python lists
 ee = ad.part_read("ee",0,8)
 fl = ad.part_read('fl',0,100)

 # start writing 4 bytes into eeprom from offset 256
 ad.part_write("ee",256,[1,2,3,4])

This very first package is considered to be very alpha and
thought as an proof of concept. It can be found under:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/uracoli/pydude-0.1.tar.gz

(as soon as the the mirrors have been updated, currently do
's/releases/releases-noredirect/p')

Cheers, Axel