Re: [avrdude-dev] python wrapper for avrdude

From: uracolix
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] python wrapper for avrdude
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:24:51 +0100

Hi Eric, Joerg,

thanks for the quick reply ;-) Ocaml ... hm, I have to look what that is,
shure, swig supports it. Currently the build process is very pythonic
with a distutils based setup.py script.

>From the perspective of a library user I would enjoy the following
points:
 * compile in the default config dir as const char *,
   so the user gets a glue where avrdude.conf is situated.
 * wrapping the functions "exit" and "fprintf" in der library,
   so for exit an exception could be thrown and fprintf could
   be redirected for GUI based applications.

With Joergs points, single include file and documentation I agree fully.

About switching to svn for uraoli I will think after visitor 2000 too,
maybe I can participate from the collected know how ;-)

Bye, Axel