Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34339] back to back avrdude commands fail on dra

From: Xiaofan Chen
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34339] back to back avrdude commands fail on dragon_isp on Ubuntu 10.10
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:55:52 +0800

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> As Xiaofan Chen wrote:
>
>> Initially I thought this may have something to do with libusb-0.1,
>> so I was suggesting people to try out libusb-compat instead if
>> they are using libusb-0.1 under Linux or Mac OS X.
>
> Ah, I see...

For your information, usb_reset under libusb-compat may not
have the same behavior as under libusb-0.1. For one thing,
it should not usually cause re-enumeration under Linux and
Mac OS X, at least if it is built on top of the latest 1.0.9rc3 codes.

Reference:
http://libusb.6.n5.nabble.com/PATCH-make-libusb-reset-force-re-enumeration-on-Mac-td4499375.html

--
Xiaofan