[avrdude-dev] Finding XMega offsets

From: mabbam
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Finding XMega offsets
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 12:20:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to add support for the ATXmega(128/64)B(1/3) in the config file,
however, I'm having trouble locating the required values in the datasheet.
In particular, I don't know how to find the offsets for signature, fuse and
lock bytes.

Looking at the values for the ATxmega256A3 in the config file, I find some
very large values for these offsets, but looking at the ATxmega256A3
datasheets I could not figure out where they came from. For example, in
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc8077.pdf table 4.22 on page 46 lists the
address of fusebyte0 as +0x00 on page 30. But relative to what? So where did
0x8f0020 listed in the config file come from?

Also, table 4.23 lists 63 registers for production signature row, yet in the
config file it says that prodsig has size of 0x200 (512). Where do I get the
proper values from?

Finally, I'm also wondering whether there's stuff missing from the
configuration for the XMegas. Looking at the ATmega1284P there's so much
more configuration items that are not present at the XMega, why is that?

Thanks,