Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Compiling Axiom on FreeBSD

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Compiling Axiom on FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:41:59 -0500

Well, I'd consider our noweb patches to be a fork only if we decided
to distribute them in some independent form. Since we only use it
within the project and don't "advertise" it as a separate package I'd
characterize it as an "adaptation" rather than a "fork". But it hardly
matters.

I'd much rather the projects integrate the patches as it means that I
don't have to maintain patches but, as you say, there are sometimes issues.