[Axiom-developer] Compilation Methodology Overview and a Specific Proble

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Compilation Methodology Overview and a Specific Problem
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:58:32 -0400

> Axiom has its own lisp to have a known the build environment and because
> Axiom needs to patch ....[snip]...

One of the developers has agreed to look at UFFI (if memory serves)
which is rumored to allow C extensions to all of the Lisp systems.
If I have the cover functions for Axiom's GCL extensions then I can
use a pre-installed lisp if such exists.

The current GCLVERSION should read
GCLVERSION=gcl-2.6.2a

although the patches are still there for the prior versions and they
used to work.