RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: page.axiom-developed.org LaTeX broken

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: page.axiom-developed.org LaTeX broken
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:38:24 -0400

Bertfried,

On Thursday, July 15, 2004 10:54 AM you wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Bill Page wrote:
>
> > Is it ok for you now (on both page.axiom-developer and
> > on test.axiom-developer)?
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> everything works out now on both locations. Even AXIOM seems
> to work very nicely in the sandbox <grin> You will however
> not be angry seeing me using my local machine and AXIOM <grin>

Of course not. That's great.

> Is axiom available from the Members/Bertfried  pages too, so
> that one could display certain calculations? How can I upload
> files containing AXIOM code for such examples?

Yes, Axiom is available on all pages that also support LaTeX
(only "wiki pages" with page type ...+Latex)

The simplest way to create a new page would be to first edit
the existing page and add a "wiki word", that is a word that
contains at least two capital letters LikeThis. When you click
Save, the page will be displayed with the word LikeThis? with
a question mark beside it. If you now click on that question
mark, a new page will be created named LikeThis.

Now to add some AXIOM code this page, the simplest way is
just to use cut-and-paste from the Axiom code displayed in
another window. You will have to edit it to include the

  \begin{axiom}
  \end{axiom}

and any other static LaTeX coding that you want.

Click Save. And that's it (unless there is an error of
course and then you just fix it and try again).

You can also go to "my folders" and if you like create a
new folder for some new work. Then just go to that folder
and Add a new wiki page. Now you have a place for stuff that
is separate from you main home page. And you can add as many
new pages here as you want using the same method as above.

I hope this helps.