RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: GCL on Windows

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: GCL on Windows
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:00:17 -0500

Tim,

On Tuesday, December 14, 2004 7:16 PM you wrote:

> Well I've gotten further with the Mike's merged patches.
> The lisp image runs and is compiling files.

Great. I did a tla update for axiom--windows--1 on my windows
machine and also started an Axiom build just a few minutes ago.
On this machine the build usually takes about 2 hours. I will
let you know if/when it completes.

> What tool is used to package axiom?

It is called NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System). See

  http://nsis.sourceforge.net

I downloaded and installed the 2.03 release.

> Can we make this part of the build for windows?

Yes, this should be quite easy. Of course you need NSIS
installed, then all you need is a script file that describes
the contents of the release. Using this script file the
NSIS "compiler" collects everything and outputs the installable
.exe file.

I can send you the current NSIS script file that I am using
if you like or you can get it by actually doing an install
from

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/axiom-windows-0.1.0.exe

You will find the script is called

  axiom.nsi

and is in the root of the axiom directory after the install.